This week all your questions about the patronage site Patreon are answered. In a nutshell, Patreon connects artists with patrons to let people more directly pay for creative work. Erica Castello explains it far better than that, so give this a listen.
Erica answers the following questions (and more):
- What is Patreon?
- What is the philosophy behind Patreon?
- Who uses Patreon?
- What is the best way for artists to use Patreon?
- What type of artists use Patreon? What is the best way for artists to use Patreon?
- Are there different approaches that work best for different type of artists (musicians, writers, podcasters, etc.)
- What are the best rewards/milestones for different types of artists?
- What is a good way for people to talk about Patreon (especially for those uncomfortable asking for money)?
That’s A Wrap on Patreon. (the film podcast I cohost)